User Tag List

post #1 of 19 Old 02-17-2017, 09:42 AM Thread Starter
bobby

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Fca

is opening in USA when? and will this interrupt PM manufacturing, parts, will they even continue to make PM?
should be picking up PM today, will let you all know how it goes.

2/17/2017 Promaster 1500 LR 136 WB gas
San Diego Ca.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 02-17-2017, 10:23 AM
RDinNHandAZ

Location: Summer in Lakes Region of NH and Winter in the Sonoran Desert of AZ
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 600 Post(s)
Garage
I don’t understand what you are asking. Promaster sales topped 40,000 units in just the US last year and the 2017 sales are up 40+% over last January. This is an international vehicle producer like Ford or GM. They have factories in the US, and many other countries. Why would they not keep producing? Do you know something we don’t?

2015 136" HT Diesel Sandstone Metallic Born on 6/12/2015 Campervan build see: http://www.promasterforum.com/forum/...ad.php?t=37177
Have Leatherman, Will Travel
post #3 of 19 Old 02-17-2017, 01:27 PM
proeddie

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 237 Post(s)
All FCA priorities seem to be going toward running TV ads for the the new Alf Romeo Giulia... starting with about $3 million for the Super Bowl!

Not sure why, they only sold about 1000 cars in the US last year, down 22% from 2015

I think the Promaster is just going to keep on selling well, irritating the competition by showing them how to design a FWD van, and will continue to be made in Mexico. Or.... I may be wrong!

ed

Working on the van, and my website about it! Please visit www.empowersites.com/edsvan or here on the forum

post #4 of 19 Old 02-18-2017, 03:28 AM Thread Starter
bobby

(Thread Starter)
Got mine today from Courtesy Chrysler In San Juan Capistrano. they just replaced all management and salesmen 2 months ago, with the group of guys i got to deal with today i can say they have a winning formula for their dealership, no pressure sales and I have never laughed in a finance office before today. had a 70 mile drive back in winds and rain gotta say WOW this van is fantastic, the ride, power for this size is unbelievable.
On the FCA topic my understanding is the Mexico plant will be closed down and the USA plant opened. but h$ll I've been wrong before so who knows. Hmmmm if that is the case will their be a production interruption?

San Diego Ca.
post #5 of 19 Old 02-18-2017, 10:24 AM
RDinNHandAZ

Garage
I can see no rational reason that would happen. In Satillo FCA builds Ram trucks, engines, Promasters, stamps the panels for many other vehicles. Much of that production goes to Canada, Mexico, and other south of the border countries as well as the US. Lets face it Auto production is a World-wide global business that depends on free trade. The combined pressure of VW, Toyota, Ford, GM, FCA, and about 30 others will be heard. Thousands of auto parts makers ship to Mexico to support that production. Pandora's has opened the box, there is no going back. I too can be wrong but it just doesn’t add up in my mind. I think we all need to take a deep breath and not jump. By the way it’s spelled HLL. LOL
Congratulations on your new van, you are going to really be happy.

2015 136" HT Diesel Sandstone Metallic Born on 6/12/2015 Campervan build see: http://www.promasterforum.com/forum/...ad.php?t=37177
post #6 of 19 Old 02-18-2017, 11:52 AM
MJAB

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Likely from Mexico plant FCA will also source South America, not many units anyway. In last months production of a previous generation Fiat Ducato and PSA brothers, finished in Brazil.
The italian plant in 2016 run at pratically full capacity,

The Ducato that was manufactured in Brazil looks like the dark blue one.
post #7 of 19 Old 02-18-2017, 12:19 PM
MsNomer

Quoted: 315 Post(s)
That blue one appears to be the body style just previous to ours.
post #8 of 19 Old 02-18-2017, 04:03 PM
RDinNHandAZ

Garage
Yup 4 of the 5 recent generations of Ducato there, missing is the current European one with the squinty headlights.

post #9 of 19 Old 02-18-2017, 09:05 PM
Charger7022

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby View Post
Got mine today from Courtesy Chrysler In San Juan Capistrano. they just replaced all management and salesmen 2 months ago, with the group of guys i got to deal with today i can say they have a winning formula for their dealership, no pressure sales and I have never laughed in a finance office before today. had a 70 mile drive back in winds and rain gotta say WOW this van is fantastic, the ride, power for this size is unbelievable.
On the FCA topic my understanding is the Mexico plant will be closed down and the USA plant opened. but h$ll I've been wrong before so who knows. Hmmmm if that is the case will their be a production interruption?

Congrats on the new van bobby your gonna love it. As for building them in the USA I would love to see that and all manufacturing done here in the USA I'm from Pittsburgh and first hand seen what losing a major industry does. but most here have bounced back and Pittsburgh still thrives having lost the entire worlds steel industry. About 5 years ago a GM plant a mile from my house closed down and a lot of good people lost good jobs and the steel rolling mill across the street that provided the sheet metal for the parts they stamped may have gone under to if it were not for the gas industry boom in our area. Anytime we lose a major manufacture you not only lose them but often times their suppliers go under. I hope some day we get it all back to the good old USA!

2016, 159" high top, Gas, converted to a camper for 4
post #10 of 19 Old 02-19-2017, 02:56 AM Thread Starter
bobby

(Thread Starter)
I still have that new van thing going on every time I climb in and out.
Pro Master built in America does have a good ring to it.

San Diego Ca.

Last edited by bobby; 02-19-2017 at 02:58 AM.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page