Running Boards - Page 8 - Ram Promaster Forum
User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #71 of 174 Old 10-25-2014, 07:18 PM
Arch
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 279
Thanks: 0
Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Does it rattle?
Arch is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #72 of 174 Old 10-25-2014, 07:19 PM
Dwight
Senior Member
 
Dwight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 708
Thanks: 1
Thanked 32 Times in 27 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
No. It came with anti rattle clamp on underside of step. It's a rhino step.
Dwight is offline  
post #73 of 174 Old 10-26-2014, 07:51 AM
jimmbomb
Senior Member
 
jimmbomb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: St Louis
Posts: 650
Thanks: 26
Thanked 55 Times in 41 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by keeponvaning View Post
I received the step I ordered and although I haven't mounted it yet it looks like it will work fine. I may work on it tomorrow if it's warmer out and I do plan to order another pair to complete the project. I'll post photos as soon as I do it.
I was wanting to add steps under the slider too...
But I examined fhe crap out of the underside and just couldn't see any easy way kf mounting them (it)
Im following your post, so please keep us updated and pictures too. .
Thanks!
jimmbomb is online now  
 
post #74 of 174 Old 10-26-2014, 11:49 AM
zwarte
Super Moderator
 
zwarte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Boxley Valley, Buffalo National River, Arkansas, United States
Posts: 334
Thanks: 97
Thanked 20 Times in 19 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Garage
I like the hitch step but still need to use my hitch to pull my trailer.

Does anyone have experience with this?

http://www.etrailer.com/Accessories-...RP7060200.html
zwarte is online now  
post #75 of 174 Old 10-26-2014, 03:42 PM
proeddie
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Connecticut PM159HI
Posts: 1,228
Thanks: 21
Thanked 286 Times in 220 Posts
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zwarte View Post
I like the hitch step but still need to use my hitch to pull my trailer.

Does anyone have experience with this?

http://www.etrailer.com/Accessories-...RP7060200.html
Zwarte,

I saw one of those at Walmart. Looked pretty solid to me.

Ed
proeddie is online now  
post #76 of 174 Old 10-27-2014, 08:02 AM
keeponvaning
Super Moderator
 
keeponvaning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: New England
Posts: 2,432
Thanks: 55
Thanked 287 Times in 227 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 441 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmbomb View Post
I was wanting to add steps under the slider too...
But I examined fhe crap out of the underside and just couldn't see any easy way kf mounting them (it)
Im following your post, so please keep us updated and pictures too. .
Thanks!
I mounted the one I bought on the passenger side front door and although it was a real PITA it came out quite well and so I ordered a pair so I can put one on the drivers side and the sliding door. You are correct about being minimum space to work with, especially by the sliding door but these will do the job just fine and, for me at least, better than running boards not to mention at a cost of about $100 a great deal.

The hardest part was drilling the bottom holes in the bracket and then putting a 5/16-16 rivet nut in because of the room. I used a short unibit and a short 18V drill and it worked out fine. The tops just use a #12 sheet metal sure that went right in. I plan to order all stainless hardware today and then remove this one and reinstall it and the new ones with the stainless ones plus a lot of silicone sealant and I'll probably paint the brackets with POR if my can hasn't already dried up after the last time I used it.


keeponvaning is offline  
post #77 of 174 Old 10-27-2014, 09:40 AM
Dwight
Senior Member
 
Dwight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 708
Thanks: 1
Thanked 32 Times in 27 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Looks good keeponvaning

That step would be really easy to mount on a rear bumper. After mounting my hitch this weekend and having the plastic cover off the bumper, I know it would be simple to drill holes in the thin sheet metal bumper.
Dwight is offline  
post #78 of 174 Old 10-27-2014, 09:47 AM
keeponvaning
Super Moderator
 
keeponvaning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: New England
Posts: 2,432
Thanks: 55
Thanked 287 Times in 227 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 441 Post(s)
That's true and it would always be there. I have one that slips into my hitch, similar to the one posted in a previous message, and I like it as it provides some more, minimal admitted, protection to the rear bumper. It's quiet and easily removable and works well for me. We all have different needs and there are many solutions to similar problems which makes this site so valuable.
keeponvaning is offline  
post #79 of 174 Old 10-27-2014, 10:31 AM
jimmbomb
Senior Member
 
jimmbomb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: St Louis
Posts: 650
Thanks: 26
Thanked 55 Times in 41 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by keeponvaning View Post
I mounted the one I bought on the passenger side front door and although it was a real PITA it came out quite well and so I ordered a pair so I can put one on the drivers side and the sliding door. You are correct about being minimum space to work with, especially by the sliding door but these will do the job just fine and, for me at least, better than running boards not to mention at a cost of about $100 a great deal.

The hardest part was drilling the bottom holes in the bracket and then putting a 5/16-16 rivet nut in because of the room. I used a short unibit and a short 18V drill and it worked out fine. The tops just use a #12 sheet metal sure that went right in. I plan to order all stainless hardware today and then remove this one and reinstall it and the new ones with the stainless ones plus a lot of silicone sealant and I'll probably paint the brackets with POR if my can hasn't already dried up after the last time I used it.


Thank you, keeponvanning for posting your success. . Can you link us again to that paticular step that you got?
Thanks again
jimmbomb is online now  
post #80 of 174 Old 10-27-2014, 10:57 AM
jimmbomb
Senior Member
 
jimmbomb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: St Louis
Posts: 650
Thanks: 26
Thanked 55 Times in 41 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Also... could you please explain the 'riv nuts' and how you used them and where you put them?
Thank again
jimmbomb is online now  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome