What did you drive before your getting your Promaster? - Page 3 - Ram Promaster Forum
User Tag List

post #21 of 28 Old 07-03-2016, 07:36 PM
Red88jeep

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage
What I drove before my new Promaster City.

A chrome silver low miles 2010 Nissan Cube SL. Until it was made even shorter than delivered from the factory by an uninsured, unlicensed driver driving a car which was not theirs. Insurance decided it was totaled due to $10k plus damage. The other bigger car was worse off than mine. The more I drove that car the more I liked it. However, a suitable replacement was not to be found. Loaded low mileage ones are scarce. I stumbled across the Promaster City while looking for a replacement. After checking them out, I decided it was for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 28 Old 07-03-2016, 07:52 PM
Red88jeep

Garage
Elio? Had to go look that one up. Never heard of it before. Not my type of car. Should do very well in the small offset crash test though. Shear off the wheel and keep on going.
post #23 of 28 Old 07-03-2016, 08:54 PM
Red88jeep

Garage
My other 4 wheelers

The other cars I have are: 1) a tan and metallic brown 1989 Ford F-150 2x4 long box with 5.0 v8 and auto. It's the standard cab Lariat with a handling and tow package. It rides and corners way better than it has a right to for a double swing stick front end. It's my motorized wheelbarrow that gets used seldom. Got it from my late dad. 2) 1991 slate grey Oldsmobile 98 Regency project car. The last generation before they went away. They rounded off the corners and lengthened the trunk from the square privious generation ones. Bought on impulse. It was not running and i am fixing it a bit at a time. Getting needed parts is a challenge. It runs and stops now. But not road ready. 3) 1991 white Chevrolet Caprice Wagon. I have put a bunch of miles on this whale. When I purchased it about 15 years ago I installed an SS grill on it and added 17 inch Enkei RTS alloy wheels to it with 255r50 Goodrich tires. Made it a good looking car. It gets mistaken for an Impala SS wagon from time to time and gets noticed quite a bit. In the old days I could run up behind guys in rice rockets who were screwing around and they would slow down and behave because they thought I was a highway way patrol car. (They still used used some Caprices then and they were painted white. The low wide stance profile from the front kinda looked like one due to the factory roof rack looking like a light bar in the Rear view mirror.) Time for it to go now. Do not have room for it. 4) 2013 Toyota Prius. Really like getting 47 to 52 miles per gallon on every tank of gas. This is my wife's car. It's dark metallic cherry in color with black leather like interior. A sharp looking car with its dark silver factory alloy wheels. These puppies actually can scoot pretty good. Not fast, but not slow either. That power button on the dash really works. It can get to 0 to 60 in under 10 seconds. That is as fast or faster than all the other cars in my fleet.

post #24 of 28 Old 07-31-2016, 12:08 AM
jds

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Traded in my '99 Viper GTS ACR for a EXT diesel. The Viper was very much a love/hate thing. Way too many repairs and parts were way too expensive. It had long tube headers, 3" exhaust with a crossover, hi flow cats, and no mufflers. With sticky tires, it was very fast at the track. But the bills, just too many and too much.

I don't have any particular allegiance to one brand, but I've owned more Mopars than all others combined. I just traded in my '06 Grand Cherokee SRT for a new '15 diesel GC Overland. The difference between those two GCs is amazing. Diesel gets almost exactly twice the mpg the SRT did, and I paid for a lifetime warranty which I wasn't even aware was available.

I'd say the ride of that new GC is better than any other SUV, save for the exotics that I never had the chance to examine. I guess it would be more accurate to say it's better than a new Suburban or Explorer with respect to the "luxury" ride on the road, plus it's got better off road capability.

I may have gotten lucky, but both the new vehicles track completely straight with no vibrations. The GC has the air suspension and lots of soundproofing, I'm impressed.
post #25 of 28 Old 01-10-2017, 07:02 PM
cat303.5

Garage
VW van

Dance like no one is watching
post #26 of 28 Old 01-12-2017, 03:29 PM
JDM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
2005 Ford E150. Great van but my PM 2500 gets as good of gas mileage and has WAY more room... 😎

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
post #27 of 28 Old 01-13-2017, 07:23 AM
KeepMeMoving

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
For us it was a Dodge Grand Caravan and a Kelty 4-man tent for our travels. Our Promaster drives a lot like that Caravan and is much nicer to sleep in than our old tent.

2016 PM 136 Low Roof Gas Engine

oldmassrambler.com
post #28 of 28 Old 01-13-2017, 11:11 AM
BillMac

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Garage
2007 Damon Outlaw class A toy hauler RV, let's just say downsizing was the #1 goal. The PM project is still less then 1/2 done, but already filling in well and a lot better mileage and parking.

1st PM 2015 118" Diesel-Bought 4/15 Got sick 5/15 1400 miles returned to FCA 10/15
2nd one 2016 136" LR Diesel 10/15 let the project begin

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page