Ram Promaster Forum banner

Mud flaps and floor mats

34K views 41 replies 21 participants last post by  makevx73 
#1 ·
Talked to my dealer about mud flaps they said they are going to make them soon, because a lot of people requested them. Dealer said they can get us floor mats.

#2 ·
PM desperately needs front mud flaps. I looked underneath one that the dealer was using as a demo this winter. Virtually every crossmember, bracket, line, that wasn't the hot exhaust system was covered in thick, salty, dirty ice. The rear axle collected an especially high amount. Rocker panels and sides had their share too.

#9 ·
Jim,
I inquired about them a while back in a thread titled "missing stuff". Uncubed posted some pics of the factory mudflaps. I have ordered them from my dealer, but they are on backorder until sometime supposedly this month. I found them from this online dealer.

http://www.tascaparts.com/oe-mopar/82213965ab
http://www.tascaparts.com/oe-mopar/82213967ab

My local Ram dealer offered to match the price at 21% off of the list price of $50 per pair.

Pete

#15 ·
Uncubed,
These are the ones that came with your van as an option? Looks like the fronts are molded & the rears are floppy rubber? I called the stealership up for front mud flaps & these were the part#'s they gave me. 1zp03jxwaa Left & 1zp06jxwaa Right side. $161 each! Ludicrous pricing.

I then checked with the supplier that Pete (Pete’s PM Plumbing) referenced earlier in this thread, "Tasca Parts Center". They offered the same Mopar part#'s for $107 ea, still a bit pricey. I then asked the rep about the front mud flap part# Pete mentioned in his post 82213967AB. He stated that they were "rubber type" with a logo on them. He couldn't specify whether it was a Ram or Mopar logo & therein lies the problem. No images available!

Something else that struck me as odd was that on Tasca's website for PN:82213967AB they're listed as Genuine Mopar Parts however if you go to Mopar's website & plug in either of the PN's Pete referenced (82213965AB or 82213967AB) neither are listed in their database. Just a little confused here.

Lastly, I was looking at the mud flap mounting area & it’s channeled out meaning it’s not a flat surface. It would appear that either some “bracing” would be required for aftermarket ones in order for them to mount properly & straight or they would need to be specifically made for our PM’s in order to achieve proper fitment. Don’t mean to make rocket science outta this but Jeez is there any EZ about finding proper parts for these PM vans?

#13 ·
Well... I bought a set.from the chain franchise auto parts store. Thw biggest size they had. And I got them on the front using the 2 stock screws.
They are a plastic blend instead of all rubber.
So, I move to the rear... and.... no way .
Theres only 1 screw thats within reach.
The upper screw is too far away for the flap to be effective.
And I cant find any locally that are longer..
Hhhhhmmmmm.......
Drill another hole? The lip is not so wide in between the screws...

#18 ·
Flash These came with the van as an option and was $100 for all four install during the build.
Should order what you want with a build, or pay through the nose. They are all like that.
Had a E350 cubevan with a 7.3 Diesel and a valve cover gasket was over $100 for 1!

The front and back are soft molded rubber and will not break in cold weather.
Also they do not flap back and forth on the highway.
The prices you posted are insane! for such a simple molded rubber.
I do not know what to say about that. Keep looking?

There is no stamping on these.

#19 ·
My commercial sales manager at the dealer found the numbers I listed previously, when he looked in the Mopar parts system. I only checked pricing on the Tasca website to keep the dealer honest. According to the dealer, they are supposed to be exact replacement for the factory installed ones. I made the dealer fully aware that I don't want any cheesy flat plastic flaps with a chrome Ram's head printed on them. If these come in and they don't look like the ones in Uncubed's pics, I'm not going to be happy.

#22 ·
Yes the rear tires need to be removed to install the mud flaps. I just got a 4 from the dealer and they are long enough but do not match the gray body molding. They are black! Its not that noticeable but than again its made for the truck so you think they would match the plastic.

#23 ·
Mud Flaps finally arrived today.

The mud flaps I ordered in August finally arrived today. They must have been on a very slow boat from China of all places! They are not the same as the ones That Uncubed got factory installed on his PM. I think they were previously using Fiat parts, and now they have their own. If anyone has gotten factory flaps on a recent build please confirm which style they are using. They do appear to be decent quality. They are about 1/4" thick black rubber, even thicker at the edges. They are riveted to a powder coated steel bracket custom made to fit the PM. There is a hardware kit that comes with them. They mount to the van via a powder coated steel clamp mechanism and one screw that uses an existing hole from the wheel well flare. They cost $39.50 per pair after a discount that I previously negotiated with the commercial sales manager. Regular list is $50.00. I'll post more pics once I have them installed on Ellie. The part numbers are as follows:

82213965AB Rear pair
82213967AB Front pair

Automotive exterior Floor

Black Technology Electronic device Gadget

#27 ·
The mud flaps I ordered in August finally arrived today. They must have been on a very slow boat from China of all places! They are not the same as the ones That Uncubed got factory installed on his PM. I think they were previously using Fiat parts, and now they have their own. If anyone has gotten factory flaps on a recent build please confirm which style they are using. They do appear to be decent quality. They are about 1/4" thick black rubber, even thicker at the edges. They are riveted to a powder coated steel bracket custom made to fit the PM. There is a hardware kit that comes with them. They mount to the van via a powder coated steel clamp mechanism and one screw that uses an existing hole from the wheel well flare. They cost $39.50 per pair after a discount that I previously negotiated with the commercial sales manager. Regular list is $50.00. I'll post more pics once I have them installed on Ellie. The part numbers are as follows:

82213965AB Rear pair
82213967AB Front pair

View attachment 4001

View attachment 4009

View attachment 4017
I called my local dealer parts department gave them these numbers they have them coming from Detroit 3-5 days wait time.

#30 ·
I just asked the local dealer about mud flaps and we looked then up based on my Vin. They quoted me $800 for all four! Told the lady to rich for my blood. Came on here and found these other ones, went back to the dealer gave her those numbers and they were $50 a set instead, 7 -10 days out. She asked me how i found these other ones since she didn't even know about them. Thanks guys for finding these I'll post pics once installed.

#31 ·
Mud flaps installed pics.

I took advantage of the unseasonably warm WI weather tonight to install my new mud flaps. They install fairly easy. I wasn't impressed with the small screws and speed nuts that were supplied with the flaps. There was a warning in the instructions not to over-tighten the screws, presumably because they were cheesy and would likely bend, break, or strip. Even if I could make them work, I had visions of the flaps coming loose after a few years of corrosion eating at them. So I opted to upgrade the hardware to 1/4" - 20 x 1" S.S. hex bolts with nyloc nuts. This required a little more dexterity as I had to hold the nuts and tighten the bolts at the same time. The nuts ended up in a tight area behind the flap that wasn't the most convenient to get to. None the less, they are a lot more solid than they would have been with the stock screws securing the clamps. I was able to get the front ones installed by turning the wheels all the way to each side. I had to jack up the rear end to get the axle to drop to achieve enough clearance to install the back set. I also had to have a 90 degree ratcheting #2 phillips and T-25 torx bit for the screw that uses the existing hole in the fender flare. This job could be made easier by removing the rear wheels, but I was able to get it done leaving them in place. It should be noted that there is very tight clearance between the flaps and the rear tires. I can't even fit my fingers in between there. My van has about 2000 lbs. of cargo in it. So the clearance between the tire tread and fender lip is about 3 3/4" (front and rear). With that clearance, the flaps still clear the ground by about 4 1/2". Over all I feel these were well worth the price. I was initially looking for a contour molded set of flaps, But I have had problems in the past with that type rubbing through the paint. These don't make contact with the paint, so that shouldn't be an issue.
Tire Automotive tire Tread Wheel Auto part

Tire Automotive tire Wheel Vehicle door Vehicle

Tire Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Auto part Tread

Tire Automotive tire Black Footwear Tread

Tire Alloy wheel Automotive tire Wheel Rim

Tire Automotive tire Alloy wheel Wheel Rim

Car Vehicle Auto part Family car

Reactions: AJOKEY
#33 ·
Looks great!
When backing up ,I have ripped off the drivers side back mud flap twice because
I never lined up my driveway and cut it short backing up.
The curb and tire pinches the flap and says "there you go"
A soft snapping sound and continuing backing ,well look at that laying there!

#34 ·
Looks like it would work alright if you travel where you don't have to deal with ice/snow/salt buildup. I get heavy buildup during and after snow storms and this setup looks like it would cause more problems when trying to control/remove the buildup. I do parcel delivery so it is go go go rain (snow) or sunshine.....

#35 ·
I don't just pack it in until the roads are clear either. Plumbing is a 24 - 7 game. With the limited wheel well clearance, I can see how ice buildup could be a problem. If it is, I'll just have to blast it out of there at the car wash. I don't think there is any other way of attaching flaps that would work better. Seems the wheel wells are designed a little small for the tire size. I've already noticed that the van isn't accumulating as much road dirt. That was the primary goal.

#39 · (Edited)
Here is the latest up to date info from RAM Customer Service. They are the part numbers for the "flat" mud guards. The ones mentioned above.

Dear Paul,

Thank you for your recent inquiry to Mopar.com.

Part number 82213965AC, rear splash guard kit: part number 82213967AB
front splash guard kit.
Please contact your local dealer for information on the part and to
place your order.
Currently the splash guards are not available through Mopar.com.
Please check in again at Mopar.com as we continue to add new accessories
and parts often.

Thanks again for contacting Mopar.com and for choosing Ram ProMaster.

Sincerely,

Duane

Customer Service Representative

Mopar Customer Assistance

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.