This is the mattress I bought from Amazon for the bed. Seems to be pretty comfortable, We have it laying out in a spare bedroom right now.
I've only had the van in my possession for 10 out of the first 33 days I've owned it so I haven't got much done on it. I bought it the week before we had a camping trip planned with some friends so I scrambled to put down a floor.
I laid 1/2" R-Max PolyIso down, rough cut for the time being, and then a layer of 3/8" A/C exterior grade plywood over that. No cutting and fitting was done, I just cut one piece from side to side and another piece to cover most of the back. I bought a cheap outdoor carpet at Lowes and that was good enough for the weekend. The plan is to re-do the floor with some more accurate cuts, fasten the plywood down using the cargo tie-down holes with longer bolts, then a bamboo strip flooring over that to finish it off.
I have another camping trip coming up next weekend so I needed something quick for a bed. No more air mattress deflating in the night
. I built two boxes out of 3/4" birch ply and will lay two 3/4" ply down for the bed platform. They will be ripped down to equal size piece with the joint in the middle to accommodate the 60" width of the mattress. A stop of 1 x 3 hardwood will go across the front to prevent the mattress from sliding forward.
This design left a lot of room underneath the bed for storage of my Rubbermaid Action Packer boxes and other loose items. The dimensions are rough because I didn't have my PM to pull actual measurements from.
I will fasten the top to the boxes with "L" brackets and whatever else I can come up with. I have some ideas for some quick removable clamp type devices, but I need to get it together to see if it will work.
I also purchased 30' of Thinsulate from Hein and will use that on the walls and doors. The ceiling will be done with more R-Max product. I already applied some sound damping Butyl material on each of the bare panels.