Waiting 3 Weeks on a new engine... and NOTHING. Anyone else? - Ram Promaster Forum
User Tag List

post #1 of 18 Old 12-11-2016, 11:32 PM Thread Starter
tcup

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Angry Waiting 3 Weeks on a new engine... and NOTHING. Anyone else?

I posted earlier about my lovingly built out 2015 diesel 1500 PM needing a new ENGINE with 8800 miles on it. Well, they cleared me to get a replacement engine... 3 weeks ago as of this coming Tue.

Current word is my engine is in Detroit, in quarantine, getting quality checked, and there is no word on when it will be ready to ship or even when they will know when it will be available to ship.

Apparently they are checking a whole batch of engines?

But how many of those engines are bound for a vehicle stranded 11 hours from home, with the owner paying the price of 4 and counting weeks of lost use / lost opportunity for further buildout (Dec was my month to have work done on it!) / enjoyment / registration / insurance / van payments?

Anyone else? Any ideas for putting any pressure on Ram? This is getting absurd. And calling customer service line the best they will do is escalate you to a manager... who calls back within 2 days... and has no access to data about what is happening in Detroit or authority to compensate me in any way or make anything happen....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 12-11-2016, 11:54 PM
Gator

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
FCA downed my jeep for a month waiting on a speedometer cluster, they did pay for a rental though. They also offered to make a monthly payment but since I did not finance, they declined. food for thought.

Last edited by Gator; 12-11-2016 at 11:56 PM.
post #3 of 18 Old 12-12-2016, 09:10 AM
MsNomer

Quoted: 313 Post(s)
My understanding is that FCA is not the culprit. Blame Volkswagon.

post #4 of 18 Old 12-14-2016, 11:40 PM
Kip-on-truckin

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 187 Post(s)
Garage
You'll have to search here to find the older threads, but you do have the option of Lemon Lawing it. I would be throwing the phrase lemon law around when on the phone to FCA. Other than that, I got nothing.

A growing fleet, you may call me Admiral: 2014 3500 159"extended gas, and a 2014 2500 136" gas
post #5 of 18 Old 12-16-2016, 04:47 PM Thread Starter
tcup

(Thread Starter)
An engine has finally been shipped! So stealthily that customer service had no idea it was going to be shipped! Well, customer service had no idea it HADN'T been shipped - they started calling the service center last week asking if the repair was done, and were "perplexed" to learn that NO, because YOU DIDN'T SHIP US AN ENGINE.

And of course upon installation turns out they didn't ship all the parts required for the engine, so repair is going to take an extra week while we wait on those additional parts.

Awesome!
post #6 of 18 Old 12-16-2016, 06:21 PM
RDinNHandAZ

Location: Summer in Lakes Region of NH and Winter in the Sonoran Desert of AZ
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 596 Post(s)
Garage
Can you find out what failed in your other engine? 8000 miles use so it had to be something done or not done during assembly or a bad component. Did they sent a long block (head installed?). What were the symptoms of the failure?

2015 136" HT Diesel Sandstone Metallic Born on 6/12/2015 Campervan build see: http://www.promasterforum.com/forum/...ad.php?t=37177
Have Leatherman, Will Travel
post #7 of 18 Old 02-02-2017, 02:19 AM Thread Starter
tcup

(Thread Starter)
Apparently was torqued/installed incorrectly? Started making a rotational banging sound. The nut was coming loose on the 1st piston and had we driven further it would have "grenaded' the engine. Sorry have no idea about the long block. Just that they replaced the whole engine. also discovered there was a preexisting oil leak (started sometime between 6-8.8K miles), but didn't bother diagnosing the source as the whole engine got trashed
post #8 of 18 Old 02-02-2017, 03:05 AM
charity's van

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kip-on-truckin View Post
You'll have to search here to find the older threads, but you do have the option of Lemon Lawing it. I would be throwing the phrase lemon law around when on the phone to FCA. Other than that, I got nothing.

I called several lawyers and the national lemon law group, and was told by all that it is considered a commercial vehicle and these laws do not apply.
post #9 of 18 Old 02-02-2017, 06:01 AM
ninjabob

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by charity's van View Post
I called several lawyers and the national lemon law group, and was told by all that it is considered a commercial vehicle and these laws do not apply.
that law may or may not apply (first time iv'e heard that applied to commercial) but they WILL buy back a vehicle with constant problems.... mine is on the verge
post #10 of 18 Old 02-02-2017, 08:28 AM
Rhodanish

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Mines also commercial and has been at the dealer for 24 days. The dealers local Tech rep put in a request to reimburse my payment .. I have also contacted a lawyer who told me commercial is different but still able to claim it a Lemon.... not sure if It matters bought it in NJ and registered in PA

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page