Left over 2014 - Page 2 - Ram Promaster Forum
User Tag List

post #11 of 18 Old 08-09-2016, 10:21 PM
charity's van

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
I bought a left over 2014 last year,(july 15) msrp was $43000, gave $27500. the transmission is the main problem we have had. This friday makes 10 weeks at dealer for repair. we still love the van and would like it fixed. I worry about def issues as it has been sitting for the 10 weeks in the hot sun.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 Old 08-11-2016, 06:28 PM Thread Starter
alarmtech

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Well I was able to get 12k off sticker and they delivered it as well.

Just got it today and did a little running around in it.
The transmission is definitely going to take some getting use to!! Other than that liking it. Hopefully it smooths itself out or I get use to the akward shifts.

Last edited by alarmtech; 08-11-2016 at 06:41 PM.
post #13 of 18 Old 08-11-2016, 09:10 PM
RDinNHandAZ

Location: Summer in Lakes Region of NH and Winter in the Sonoran Desert of AZ
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 676 Post(s)
Garage
I know what you are saying. Many feel it should act just like an automatic which it is not. It is a manual and acts like one. I feel the 1st to 2nd shift is slow but am used to it and the rest is fine. Slow climbing on mountain roads requires the use of the manual mode. I have come to really like it. Remember to shut it off in gear, first or reverse just like you would a standard. Shift to neutral to start too. It will chime if the E-brake is not used.

2015 136" HT Diesel Sandstone Metallic Born on 6/12/2015 Campervan build see: http://www.promasterforum.com/forum/...ad.php?t=37177
Have Leatherman, Will Travel

post #14 of 18 Old 08-11-2016, 09:56 PM Thread Starter
alarmtech

(Thread Starter)
The 1-2 shift seems to be the roughest. After that the rest are noticeable but I'm sure will get use to.

After drive threw it in R since I thought it was just like the other 2 I have. Only to realize car was still in gear.
It's a interesting process of getting van to start. In sure I will get use to it.
So far I've left it in N and pulled E brake before turning it off. Is that ok? I use to do that with all my manual sports cars. Or just safer incase brakes ever fail basically?
post #15 of 18 Old 08-11-2016, 09:57 PM
Zoomyn

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
One thing to watch - the auto-manual computer delays shifting while cornering sharply, with its high torque in wet or snowy conditions this might be a great safety feature but it can teach humility pretty rapidly... example: ducking out into a gap of traffic to the far lane of a two-lane road from a side street, it will haul you out just about to the center line and run out of RPM range and will hold high RPMs without accelerating until the turn is complete - counter intuitive to keep the pedal depressed but if you try to coax the shift by backing off the throttle all it does is slow down as only a diesel engine brake will do until the computer believes the truck is traveling in nearly a straight line again. I know that because I kind of embarrassed myself not too long ago in front of a whole raft of commuters...

2014 Diesel 2500 window wagon
Michelin 245x75x16 Defenders
11 June 2015 delivery
post #16 of 18 Old 08-11-2016, 10:47 PM
Rich Maund

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
What's up with their wipers? Have had mine almost a year with no wiper issues.

The senior member formerly known as Sidecarnutz.
post #17 of 18 Old 08-12-2016, 07:14 AM Thread Starter
alarmtech

(Thread Starter)
If you turn them on when raining then when you turn them off they will keep going. Sometimes it's 30 seconds after you turn them off or could be 5 minutes for them to stop. It just has a mind of its own on when to turn off completely.

I should have older van back today from shop. They had to call RAM head quarters as have never seen the temperature reading outside and wipers doing what it's doing. They do think the temperature reading malfunction has to do with the AC not working. But other than that have no idea why it's doing what it's doing.
post #18 of 18 Old 08-12-2016, 07:49 AM
RDinNHandAZ

Location: Summer in Lakes Region of NH and Winter in the Sonoran Desert of AZ
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 676 Post(s)
Garage
alarmtech said "So far I've left it in N and pulled E brake before turning it off. Is that ok? I use to do that with all my manual sports cars. Or just safer incase brakes ever fail basically?"

I have become accustomed to leaving it in D and do the same with my Miata (1st gear). The two schools of thought are 1. if in gear and gets bumped it might damage the transmission 2. The E-brake might fail, as you say. Take your pick. When I tried one out the commercial sales rep said to just leave it in N and was surprised the chiming happened. The van started to roll as I opened the door so I pulled on the E-brake! You must do one or the other and I do both. I still fail to get my seatbelt on so I hear it and I have also developed a “nudge the shifter into N with my elbow" when I forget to shift to N before I begin the start. I am a slow learner but it is becoming second nature.

W E I R D about the wipers. You have a first here on that one.

2015 136" HT Diesel Sandstone Metallic Born on 6/12/2015 Campervan build see: http://www.promasterforum.com/forum/...ad.php?t=37177
Have Leatherman, Will Travel

Last edited by RDinNHandAZ; 08-12-2016 at 07:53 AM.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page