post #1 of 6 Old 11-29-2015, 12:28 PM Thread Starter
Harberneiley

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
New owners in Montana

Hello Forum, We just bought a 2015 136 wb, gas, lovely silver PM from IL and drove back between storms to MT. It had a partition which now sits in the garage with future unknown. It looks, from E-Bay, like they are not a hot item. As a result, we have half B-Pillars and no tidy edge piece in the loft storage cubby. The Dodge/Ram parts site seem to be a dizzying mess to look for parts. The van sits lonely in the drive as it won't fit in the garage and it's a bit cold (-5 this am) to start with the sound dampening material application. The plan is for T-slider windows from Motion Windows, a bed across, using the 79" with very little insulation below the windows as my other half is 6'. We're in the planning stage and thoroughly pour over the forums, builds, great ideas and suggestions from members. Thank you for all the help.
Harberneiley
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 11-29-2015, 04:22 PM
GaryBIS

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Hi -- welcome back to MT -- I'm in Bozeman.

One thing I worked out to work on my conversion through the winter was to park the van with the back doors facing the garage, and a sort of plastic tent extending out over part of the van so that you could step right into the van from the garage door without going outside, and so some of the garage heat migrated into the van.
Once the van furnace was in, it could heat the van so you could have both a comfortable van and shop while working on it with no trips outside -- helped a lot.

Pictures here: http://www.buildagreenrv.com/our-con...in-the-winter/

This is my conversion, which is on the same size van as yours:
http://www.buildagreenrv.com/our-conversion/

Gary

Gary
The Following User Says Thank You to GaryBIS For This Useful Post:
Harberneiley (11-30-2015)
post #3 of 6 Old 11-29-2015, 09:22 PM Thread Starter
Harberneiley

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Neighbors

Thank you Gary. That looks very enticing. We are in BZN as well, off Sourdough Rd. Our garage isn't heated, though NOAA says our weather next week is moving into high 30s. We have thoroughly enjoyed your blogs; BIS and buildagreenvan. There are many notebooks around our house with information from you, RD, MsNomer and others. We are amassing lists and the budget is taking shape. There's a Goal Zero Roadshow starting the 14th of December at Costco where we may poke around. I appreciate your Costco Golf Cart batteries suggestion, clearly affordable. Again, thank you for the tunnel suggestion. See you around town. I work at the hospital, hopefully not there.
Nancy

post #4 of 6 Old 11-30-2015, 07:47 PM Thread Starter
Harberneiley

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Gary,
Thank you for the welcome. I thought I responded last evening but it's lost in the atmosphere. Our garage is not heated nor is there full insulation but I like the tunnel idea. We'll see if that would work for us. We have a long way to go but your blogs and RD's and Ms Nomers play by play descriptions have given us lots of great ideas and have answered many questions. Thank you. We are in BZN as well, south end of town off Sourdough Rd near the creek.
Regards,
Nancy
post #5 of 6 Old 12-01-2015, 08:29 PM
GaryBIS

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Good luck with your conversion-- let me know if any questions come up you think I can help with. My contact info is here: http://www.buildagreenrv.com/contact-gary/

Gary
post #6 of 6 Old 12-02-2015, 10:59 PM Thread Starter
Harberneiley

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Thank you Gary, I'm sure we will. Your suggestion of Costco for the batteries was a good one. Our parts/project list is somewhat staggering. I feel like a kid at Christmas.
Regards,
Nancy

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page