Buy Back Program - Page 3 - Ram Promaster Forum
User Tag List

post #21 of 43 Old 07-25-2016, 06:49 PM
keeponvaning
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 406 Post(s)
Of course every model has a few "lemons" only two buy backs have been reported here, to muy knowledge and all I can say is "**** happens".

I'm very satisfied after two years a 50 k miles and wouldn't trade my Promaster for any Transit or Sprinter.

2014, High Top/159 WB, 2500 gas Promaster fully converted for camping.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 43 Old 07-25-2016, 10:06 PM
RDinNHandAZ

Location: Summer in Lakes Region of NH and Winter in the Sonoran Desert of AZ
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 571 Post(s)
Garage
I appreciate hearing about issues especially if you have documented your process here so we know you are not a troll. However to caution everyone reading here due to your bad van, which you did get repaid for, is to infer that these are not reliable or quality products which is not substantiated by nearly everyone here. It is just misleading. My van has been faultless and I am in general not a Chrysler fan boy... by a lot. My perspective comes because I own vehicles by Ram, Suzuki, Toyota, and Mazda, have had other Chryslers, Fords, even Simca, Renault, Opel, MG, Porsche, VW and others I can’t recall instantly. In comparison this van has been great! Sorry yours was an anomaly and wasn’t.

2015 136" HT Diesel Sandstone Metallic Born on 6/12/2015 Campervan build see: http://www.promasterforum.com/forum/...ad.php?t=37177
Have Leatherman, Will Travel
post #23 of 43 Old 08-15-2016, 09:57 PM
alexmacd

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I don't know why you call my situation misleading or suggest anything else. I was very hopeful for this vehicle, and my problems were spread all over the supplier and manufacturing process. I have a hard time believing that bad luck just happens to converge on one van. Faulty tail light assembly (one vendor), faulty starter (another vendor), many faulty gaskets on doors, clearance lights (poor design or manufacturing), leaks in wheel wells (design), leaks though paths through rear door/behind tail lights (design), inability for dealer to fix gasket leaks (design). They weren't just one fluke, which I would have readily forgiven. I can provide documentation of my issues in the form of all repair and repair attempt records if someone urgently needs to have proof. I mainly just want to warn folks, and if you need this vehicle to keep water out, test the heck out of it with a hose and remove interior panels to see for yourself if it's water tight. Despite about 6 repair attempts mine was not.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alexmacd For This Useful Post:
charity's van (08-17-2016), Turf n Surf (09-23-2016)
post #24 of 43 Old 08-15-2016, 10:34 PM
RDinNHandAZ

Location: Summer in Lakes Region of NH and Winter in the Sonoran Desert of AZ
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 571 Post(s)
Garage
I believe you, and sincerely understand that your van was not a good product. I agree and support your needing a buyback and am happy you got one. It seems to me that FCA produced your bad van, paid for it by buying it back. Sorry. My issue was never that. You say "Think twice before putting your faith in this vehicle.” I still feel these vans have proven very reliable, reasonable quality, free of most issues, and better than many vehicles being manufactured today. No product is 100% great. You had one that wasn’t and FCA did the right thing for you. My great experience is just as significant as your bad one except yours is unusual and mine is a common experience so if I said “Don’t think twice, put your faith in this van” It is a statement supported by most buyers experience. Your warning is not, its based on a single van that is not representative of them in general. That is what makes it misleading. Why wouldn’t you publish your story and thank FCA for doing the right thing buying it back and then assuring everyone that if they get an unusual bad van FCA will do the right thing? Would that be a better way to describe your experience?

2015 136" HT Diesel Sandstone Metallic Born on 6/12/2015 Campervan build see: http://www.promasterforum.com/forum/...ad.php?t=37177
Have Leatherman, Will Travel
The Following User Says Thank You to RDinNHandAZ For This Useful Post:
BillMac (08-16-2016)
post #25 of 43 Old 08-16-2016, 02:24 AM
BillMac

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Garage
Having been one of just a few on this forum that went thru the long process with FCA on my first PM for a buy back, I can say while long and tiring they took care of me. Warranties on cars do not include buy back or exchange, consumer protection laws or rules provide help but are just as frustrating and very expensive process for dealers, OEM and consumers. (Although the lawyers like them a lot)
Manufacturers like FCA do buy backs typically because the dealer has failed to support the products they sell and are contractually obligated to service. Having had a long and successful career in the automotive world I can truly say I've never seen a vehicle that could not be repaired. Mostly dealers not well prepared to handle frustrated consumers that lead to buy backs. I know many dealers that can say they've never been involved in a buy back simply because they are willing allocate the time and resources repairing a difficult problem. All OEMs pay well for warranty repairs, but only if they actually fix the problem.
My original PM was a simple programming issue mis-diagnosed that snowballed. Finally after a new Service mgr was brought in it was given attention and fixed, yet FCA still went thru with my buy back and I choose to order another PM that after 10 mos has 50k with no issues. Because I took the time to work with them I was well taken care of with some nice no charge options and a long extended warranty. I realize not everyone who has issues can or will be willing to work thru the process, but all steps of my buy back were well handled by FCA.

I'm extremely happy to have my Promaster Diesel and would definitely not think twice about recommending them to friends.

1st PM 2015 118" Diesel-Bought 4/15 Got sick 5/15 1400 miles returned to FCA 10/15
2nd one 2016 136" LR Diesel 10/15 let the project begin
The Following User Says Thank You to BillMac For This Useful Post:
HVAC Guy (08-16-2016)
post #26 of 43 Old 08-16-2016, 06:57 AM
keeponvaning
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 406 Post(s)
Thanks for telling both sides of the story Bill. It only shows that many people go thru life causing needless problems and stress for themselves and others by going down the wrong road.

2014, High Top/159 WB, 2500 gas Promaster fully converted for camping.
The Following User Says Thank You to keeponvaning For This Useful Post:
BillMac (08-17-2016)
post #27 of 43 Old 09-22-2016, 04:38 PM
katndogs

Hi BILLMAC,
I have had my PMC in the shop 3 times now for steering. They are replacing the steering rack right now, it has been in the shop for over a week. I have lost confidence in this vehicle for many reasons. I asked the dealer to buy it back and they said they don't do that. I have a case open with Chrysler customer care but they really are horrible to deal with. They also said they will not buy it back. I don't have the money for a lemon law lawyer. Is there anyone else I can deal with besides them?

post #28 of 43 Old 09-22-2016, 08:27 PM
alarmtech

Anyone have a phone number for the buy back program or who I should talk to?

Mine has been in the shop for 2 weeks now. They have changed BCM, outside temp sensor, fan clutch relay and who knows what else and still cannot figure out why the outside temp gauge randomly goes to dashes and shuts AC off. Plus the service brake light system is on events has brand new pads and rotors.

This is getting crazy as its a work van and every day down is costing me. Not to mention the 2nd van I have needs to go in for back door latch issues.
post #29 of 43 Old 09-24-2016, 01:19 PM
BillMac

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by katndogs View Post
Hi BILLMAC,
I have had my PMC in the shop 3 times now for steering. They are replacing the steering rack right now, it has been in the shop for over a week. I have lost confidence in this vehicle for many reasons. I asked the dealer to buy it back and they said they don't do that. I have a case open with Chrysler customer care but they really are horrible to deal with. They also said they will not buy it back. I don't have the money for a lemon law lawyer. Is there anyone else I can deal with besides them?
Really you don't need a lawyer, patience yes but lawyers are not in my experience the way to go. The customer care is the way to go, ask for a supervisor and to get in touch with the FCA regional Service rep. Be polite yet persistent in you requests, but before you do any of this research your states Lemon Law. Once you've met the requirements like safety items, repeated attempts to repair, time out of service ect, there you can likely get a buy back. Keep in mind that most buy backs are not cheap, you will pay for as in my state a steep rate on mileage driven at the first recorded failure. You can avoid costs if you are open to a replacement FCA vehicle.

I went the replacement way because in my experience most issues are dealer service dept related and I like the PM. Poor quality techs and management that misdiagnose or fail to spend the time needed on challenging repairs as "Flat rate" only pays if they fix the issue. Great service dept's take care of the customer and properly diagnose issues all while communicating with the customer and putting the customer first, not profits.

1st PM 2015 118" Diesel-Bought 4/15 Got sick 5/15 1400 miles returned to FCA 10/15
post #30 of 43 Old 09-24-2016, 01:23 PM
BillMac

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by alarmtech View Post
Anyone have a phone number for the buy back program or who I should talk to?

Mine has been in the shop for 2 weeks now. They have changed BCM, outside temp sensor, fan clutch relay and who knows what else and still cannot figure out why the outside temp gauge randomly goes to dashes and shuts AC off. Plus the service brake light system is on events has brand new pads and rotors.

This is getting crazy as its a work van and every day down is costing me. Not to mention the 2nd van I have needs to go in for back door latch issues.
You have to go thru Customer Care, ask for a supervisor and then to get in touch with the regional FCA Svc rep. The Svc rep's job is to help dealer service dept's so they just don't throw parts at it. If your set on a buyback, see my other post and research your states Lemon law for what they require.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page