Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #162 of 174 Old 09-28-2016, 03:35 PM
sonicsix

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Garage
I pulled the trigger on these today from Running Board Warehouse. $323.41 total. Link
I'll let you know how the installation goes... need to get them on before mid October when we go on a road trip to the Ark Encounter.

UPDATE: The same company sells the same running boards under a different name for much less! Here is a link. I called the company and they refunded me the difference between what I paid and what the other link showed, and that was $82.51. So you can get these running boards for $240.90! I got my shipping confirmation today and should have the boards Saturday or Monday.

2014 RAM ProMaster 2500 159", High Roof, Gas
http://RVRoadTrip.us

Last edited by sonicsix; 09-29-2016 at 02:26 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to sonicsix For This Useful Post:
Quest4Adv (09-29-2016)
post #163 of 174 Old 09-29-2016, 09:35 AM
Quest4Adv

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicsix View Post
I pulled the trigger on these today from Running Board Warehouse. $323.41 total. Link
I'll let you know how the installation goes... need to get them on before mid October when we go on a road trip to the Ark Encounter.
Please keep us up to date. I'm curious about these as well.

Thanks

2015 136" HR, Diesel, Deep Cherry Red.

Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then... Bob Seger

post #164 of 174 Old 10-04-2016, 05:00 PM
sonicsix

Garage
OK, my Ionic Factory Style Running Boards arrived this morning via FedEx. I opened the box and looked everything over... I had 2 long boards and a mounting kit. There was a lot of stuff in the mounting kit, but it turned out to be exactly what was needed. It took me about an hour per side to install the boards... someone who is not as gimpy as me could probably do it in half that time.

One thing I did note, the instructions call for installing an adhesive tube gap filler between the boards and the body of the van, but no such item was in the kit. It is designed to hide the 1/2" gap between the top of the board and the van body, as well as keep out dirt, debris and water. I just ordered a D shaped self adhesive gasket from eBay and will install that when it arrives. I will have to loosen the boards to install it, but that is no big deal at all.

Anyway, here is a video I made about the installation and a few static pictures. The video is WAY better than the pictures. Overall, I am very happy with these running boards and the price I paid for them, $240.90.

https://youtu.be/mjM3nsm7cQM

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sonicsix For This Useful Post:
PMF (10-04-2016), Quest4Adv (10-05-2016)
post #165 of 174 Old 10-04-2016, 11:28 PM
jimmbomb

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Very nice! Great job. How difficult were the brackets to install? Can you raise or.lower the board at all? In or out either?
post #166 of 174 Old 10-05-2016, 12:00 AM
sonicsix

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmbomb View Post
Very nice! Great job. How difficult were the brackets to install? Can you raise or.lower the board at all? In or out either?
Thanks. It was very easy to install, I had to read the instructions on the first side and it took me roughly an hour. The 2nd side took maybe 30 minutes and I did not need to follow the instructions as it was so simple. They are not adjustable except for VERY slight in/out movement of the board itself, perhaps 3/16" to 1/4" at best. You can position the board from left to right as needed but that's it. Zero up/down movement as the brackets are made exactly right and bolt in one way only.

I cannot stress how pleased I am with these running boards. I should have bought some day 1. They make getting in and out a breeze.

The Following User Says Thank You to sonicsix For This Useful Post:
Quest4Adv (10-05-2016)
post #167 of 174 Old 10-05-2016, 12:01 PM
jimmbomb

If I remember correctly, earlier in the thread, some users reported that these boards were slippery when wet.
So be careful. The sure do look great and a great price too.
post #168 of 174 Old 10-05-2016, 01:28 PM
Quest4Adv

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Garage
Thanks for sharing the pics and the Vid.

I remember now, they don't carry these for the 136" WB. I wonder how hard it would be to cut them down?

2015 136" HR, Diesel, Deep Cherry Red.

Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then... Bob Seger
post #169 of 174 Old 10-05-2016, 10:18 PM
jimmbomb

Quote:
Thanks. It was very easy to install, I had to read the instructions on the first side and it took me roughly an hour. The 2nd side took maybe 30 minutes and I did not need to follow the instructions as it was so simple. They are not adjustable except for VERY slight in/out movement of the board itself, perhaps 3/16" to 1/4" at best. You can position the board from left to right as needed but that's it. Zero up/down movement as the brackets are made exactly right and bolt in one way only.

I cannot stress how pleased I am with these running boards. I should have bought some day 1. They make getting in and out a breeze.
What do you think, Sonic6, do you think they could be shortened easily enough for the 136 vans?
I bought a different brand for my 136 and DID cut down the drivers side to 36" easily enough.
I didnt need a long ass running board to nowhere as i have no slider on the drivers side.
post #170 of 174 Old 10-06-2016, 12:12 PM
vlouish

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:

SonicSx,
Thanks for the helpful post. I am interested in these. I did not understand in your video the point about needing some sort of gasket to complete them. What kind of gasket and did you eventually find it? Also, did you find that they are slippery when wet or not? Thanks for any help.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page