post #1 of 19 Old 02-05-2014, 07:20 PM Thread Starter
Flash

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Hey from Long Island

Howdy PM Forum,
My name is Flash & I’m from LINY. Good to be aboard!

Just had my PM 3500 159"WB extended high roof van delivered to my doorstep today from out of state. The local dealerships had absolutely nothing on site that suited my requirements & stated that a factory order would take 7 months! What happened to 6-8 weeks? Anyways, I went on Chrysler’s site & in the “build it” module, plugged in my options & set the search parameters for several hundred miles. Came across a “high match” with most all my check marked criteria & some additional options, all for a reasonable price. Only sacrifice was the color white. If I had my druthers I woulda chose the granite gray. Oh well, ya can’t always get what you want…

In the process of getting it street legal here in NYS, which will take a coupla days. In the interim I’m researching the Sh*t outta these vans. Reading the ink of the pages of the user guide (not much help) the online owner’s manual & the included DVD. Lotsa questions that are not answered in any of the aforementioned lit…

Came across this site ‘bout an hour ago & feel this is the place to be in all that is ProMaster. Lookin forward to exchanging ideas, information, learning about any issues & brainstormin with y’all. Seems all the salesmen I’ve dealt with don’t know very much about these vehicles so I reckon it’s up to us to help each other out with what is to me the 3rd most valued purchase of my life.

PS: I formerly had several Ford Box trucks (mostly 12 FT’ers) which served me well but were growing old & tired. Primarily used for hauling motorcycles. The low ground clearance & the high roof option, along with the extended cargo area is ideal for this purpose…
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 02-06-2014, 02:20 AM
keithwwalker

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Welcome!
Are you gonna haul motorcycles with your new PM?
post #3 of 19 Old 02-06-2014, 09:27 AM Thread Starter
Flash

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithwwalker View Post
Welcome!
Are you gonna haul motorcycles with your new PM?
Soon as the weather worm turns...

post #4 of 19 Old 02-06-2014, 12:41 PM
randy

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
hey @Flash welcome aboard! congrats on the new rig. What do you ride BTW?
post #5 of 19 Old 02-06-2014, 02:24 PM
Ram3500'

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I'd like to see that setup, bikes being hauled behind a PM, never seen anyone haul anything behind sprinters.
post #6 of 19 Old 02-06-2014, 02:51 PM Thread Starter
Flash

(Thread Starter)
I own several Harley’s. Ol’ Shovelhead & a Heritage Springer Evo. I’m not aiming to haul MC’s “behind” my PM, rather “in” my PM. Lookin to upfit with the best flooring possible (non-skid, durable, stain resistant etc) I purchased the 3500 high roof extended version & believe I can fit both bikes in the PM. Plenty of length & height however the width may be an issue. Thinkin I can stagger them in the cargo area. With the wheel chocks holding them vertical & upright I should be able to shoehorn them in no problem. Also in the process of buying a nice ramp as well. The low floor height should make this a breeze vs the box truck I’ve used in the past. They were like 40” from the ground. Thinkin I may even enter the side door & negotiate a turn to make the bike(s) face the back of the van, thereby just rolling it out the back doors which is even easier. Lotsa snow on the ground now but time will tell. Will keep y’all posted…
post #7 of 19 Old 02-06-2014, 03:59 PM
Brian P

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
I'm going to be using mine for a bike hauler, too - although mine are sport or roadrace bikes.

I don't think you'll have any trouble with the width if you stagger the wheel chocks by a foot or so. Main concern is handlebars and mirrors on street bikes. I'm planning to put the right one further forward than the left one ... it's easier to get the right one in first by standing on the left of it, then the handlebars on the left one don't have to get past the right one.
post #8 of 19 Old 02-06-2014, 05:11 PM Thread Starter
Flash

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian P View Post
I'm going to be using mine for a bike hauler, too - although mine are sport or roadrace bikes.

I don't think you'll have any trouble with the width if you stagger the wheel chocks by a foot or so. Main concern is handlebars and mirrors on street bikes. I'm planning to put the right one further forward than the left one ... it's easier to get the right one in first by standing on the left of it, then the handlebars on the left one don't have to get past the right one.
Brian,
Definitely need to be staggered. Lemme know how ya make out with that...
post #9 of 19 Old 02-06-2014, 09:30 PM
Obrian

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
I haul bikes also, motocross bikes. I had three side by side last weekend. I have a 3500 extended in the gray. Plus three riders, all our gear, and a dog.lol
post #10 of 19 Old 02-07-2014, 10:04 AM
haulin

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Now that's crazy!
You might want to look into some shelf and/or rack system, you have a good amount of empty space at the top that can be used

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page