Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Looks like $4500 rebate on '16 PMs in the Southeast now
post #23 of 23 Old 01-22-2017, 12:05 PM
SteveSS

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Garage
My experience in Canada, late January 2017: I just factory ordered a 2017 3500 EXT gasser, now that diesels have been frozen indefinitely. I got it for $300 over the standard (published) dealer cost, minus a standard fleet discount of $7750.

To qualify for the fleet discount, I downloaded the form off the FCA Fleet website and submitted it through a dealer. Here in Canada, qualifying is easy, no existing fleet required, just the federal tax (GST) ID number for your business. I already had one, but it might almost pay to start a business. I had my FCA fleet number in a couple days. It's honored across Canada.

I had already developed a build list of options on my own, with help from this forum (thanks again). I had also made initial email contact with around 20 dealers in my region through their websites, ostensibly to inquire about diesel PMs on their lots with swivel seats. I did not include my phone number. To the 14 that responded, I emailed my build list with fleet number and asked for quotes.

The 7 keeners that responded with quotes fell into two categories. Four were minor variations on sticker price (MSRP) minus the standard fleet discount. The other three were a few hundred over dealer cost minus the fleet discount. These were also dealerships with fleet sales staff. All three bids were very close. The lowest just happened to be my closest dealer, too. Now it's hurry-up-and-wait mode for 3-4 months.

BTW, I also got 3 quotes on Sprinters, which were no where near as competitive. My existing one-car fleet didn't qualify me for much of a MB fleet discount. Basically $400 off the MSRP, period. I was surprised, but not disappointed. I expect I'll be very happy with my PM. Looking forward to collaborating on the RV conversion with all of you. Cheers!

SteveSS
2017 3500 159 EXT gas, silver metallic. Ordered 01/20/17, built 03/31/17, delivery? Shiny's build thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page