Ram Promaster Forum banner

UGH, day before a holiday and I might have found a deal...

6K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  Redeyss 
#1 ·
Was looking around on Autotrader and found a 2015, 136 HR with 30k miles. They're asking $21,800 for it. Only one pic on the website, but has a clean Carfax(If that means anything)

At that price I could afford to upgrade anything that didn't come from the factory.

Good price right? Or am I just fooling myself???

#3 ·
Fooling yourself? On price I don't know enough to say.

BUT... "At that price I could afford to upgrade anything that didn't come from the factory" ?
If you've read though many posts on here you might think about that statement, as many have found tinkering with things on a PM hard. Hard to get parts from RAM or getting anything aftermarket to connect up. Not impossible but it seems more of a challenge than a lot of other vehicles?

Good Luck though! PM's rock!

#4 ·
#5 ·
I've come across a few pretty good/looking deals like those, then I read the fine print and my excitement goes away. These prices usually include "all applicable discounts and rebates". The problem is that I don't qualify for several of the rebates. There was $2000 rebate if you currently own a competitors commercial van. $500 active military discount. $1500 prior customer of this dealership discount. $1500 rebate when financed through dealer at 6.9%. $500 midwest resident reabte. etc. etc.

It's not the same at every dealer, but at many dealers the actual rebates listed are only applicable to a very select few individuals.

#8 ·
I saw that too, I think someone pointed it out earlier. I was dead set on one I found in NC, but ran into the same thing.

This is just price less the $2000 Ram rebate that's out there for anyone. I think I'm getting a good deal. I'll know more this weekend.

We drove down and checked out the van last Saturday and took it for a test drive. Thanks to this group I knew what I was getting in to and what to look for :)

I wish I had the patience and $$$ to hold out and have one built, (I really love your sandstone colored one), but $32k for a 2500 diesel is just too much to pass up.

#6 ·
Getting ready to pull the trigger on a 2015 2500 HR with the diesel. I really didn't want a white van, but just seems like the other colors are hard to find. This is at a local dealer.

First price they threw out was $32,500. I'm going back down there this weekend to see what the final number will be.

Wish me luck!

#7 ·
You are at the sweet spot. Save more and you are golden. Save a lot more and get it painted sandstone metallic!

#12 ·
You will fast fall in love with that diesel. The automated manual takes a bit of getting used to but it is a winner too. Insist they top up the DEF even u=if you have to pay for it. Ask for free oil changes, many got 4. Your price is a killer deal IMHO.

#14 ·
UUGGGHHHHHH Again,

Dealer just called, said it has a CEL now, the DEF pump, they have one on order. Didn't someone on here have a major issue with getting the parts and making sure it was correct.

I'm having second thoughts now.....

#16 ·
UUGGGHHHHHH Again,
Dealer just called, said it has a CEL now, the DEF pump, they have one on order. Didn't someone on here have a major issue with getting the parts and making sure it was correct.
I'm having second thoughts now.....
This should not be happening! That system should be drained and rinsed when the van gets sold if it has sat for a few months. My dealer and the diesel/promaster trained tech that did my prep last summer said the diesel's give the "DEF- service system" warning unless they top the tank up with fresh DEF. They did on mine and no problem for almost 10K miles. The poster who had the tank/metering pump has a Jan 28 parts date! Egad! I have thought all along it is bad/spoiled DEF from MX and sitting, but what do I know?
See: http://www.promasterforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47865

I'd not give them any money until it is resolved or have them bring me a different van in from another dealer. Be sure it is a mid 2015 or later.

#17 ·
Thanks RD, I'm not giving them a dime until we get this sorted out. The VIN I have from their website doesn't pull up a window sticker or build date. I've asked them to verify the VIN and build date for me.

I know the van had 182 miles on it last weekend when I went to test drive it. They have it for a while but not sure how long.

Thanks for the help and link!

#20 ·
Congrat on a New baby ProMaster diesel.

Do not forget to scale it right from dealer lot.
Then you (we) will see how much "Fat" it will get ON.

Reactions: Quest4Adv
#21 ·
I'm shopping around, dealers are dealing on 2016s a little. I'm looking for an in stock 2015 159" high top with a diesel and glass and as many other options as I can get. Qualify for $2000 business owner rebate and $1000 upfit refund. How's everybody else doing on deals at the dealership?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.