Ram Promaster Forum banner

2015 PM needs new ENGINE!? Customer Service Help? and anyone else?

3K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Charger7022 
#1 ·
Hi all - anyone have a lead on getting to a higher level supervisor in Promaster customer service?

My bought new, built out to a camper, 2015 Promaster 1500 Diesel needed a new starter when it had 150 miles on it... and then last Saturday it broke down (stranding 2 of us 10 hours from home, 1 day into an 11 day climbing trip with no lodging) and turns out it needs a whole new ENGINE. With 8,800 miles on it. Apparently engine was torqued incorrectly on install.

Powertrain ok'd the repair on Tuesday and released the new engine to ship.... then 30 min later cancelled the engine shipment and my replacement engine has been in quarantine since Tue afternoon.

My parts manager here in UT (where we broke down) called them all day on Wed and Friday but they won't release the engine, or tell us why it's in "quarantine"

They will pay for us to have a rental car to get back to CO but won't agree in advance to pay for anything else - lodging while stranded 10 hours from home, air transport back to CO (rather than a 1 way car rental), won't even guarantee that my van will get shipped back to me when it gets fixed... which at this rate is who knows when.

I was on the phone w Promaster customer service on/off for 8+ hours on Mon/Tue/Wed and my service advisor is useless. He apparently has a supervisor whose name and position are secret and I can't speak to her even if she is in the room. My only option to register complaints about the customer service are with him - which leads to another supervisor calling me back "within 1-2 business days"

Everyone I've worked with has verified that this is an extreme situation, both in terms of the extreme repairs my van has needed in its first 6 months (both resulting in delayed travel and 1+ week of repair/down time), and in terms of the current circumstances - 2 people stranded 10 hours from home, trying to get to holiday plans involving sleeping in the van/climbing all week, etc. But all agree I am not receiving the level of customer service that would befit this extreme situation.

Anyone else with a bad 2015 diesel engine?

Anyone have any leads on getting ahold of someone in customer service who actually has the power to DO Something?

TIA!

See less See more
#2 ·
Sorry about your situation. FCA Customer care is 866-726-4636 and I expect you were using it. No one else here has had a diesel engine failure, although a few early vans were replaced due to emissions related failures that didn’t get fixed. Your case should warrant an expedited response. There have been gas engine failures and though it takes time they were completed.
Your thought that it wasn’t torqued correctly when installed doesn't really make sense as the engine is fully assembled in Italy I believe and no mis-torque on install would cause it to fail IMHO.
Be realistic, as bad as it is, your vacation may or may not be shot, you have a bad choice of renting a vehicle, getting a room and carrying on or taking the car and going home. At the best your van will be a couple of weeks I bet. Life (and FCA) have handed you a bum deal in the short run.
On the good side, you can spend a bit more money and go hiking, then hopefully get the free car to get home with your gear (that you can’t leave in the van) and deal with it from home. I think they should help you more than they have offered so far but who am I?

#8 ·
Update: engines are being quality checked at the plant near Detroit, as apparently they've sent out some "bad" ones.

They were supposed to let me know on Thursday when they would ship my new engine... but on Thursday they had no release date, so now I have no engine and not even a predicted date of when they will let me know WHEN a new engine will be available to ship.

In the meantime, Dodge is only covering a rental car.

I mean, I'm glad I'm not getting another bum engine, but SERIOUSLY!?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.